Hollar Seeds is a family owned business that has specialized in the breeding and development of cucurbits since 1950.
What does this mean to you? This means that when you buy one of our products, you are buying from a family owned, American company that is a specialist in our field, and has been for some time. It means that we have a tradition of quality, customer service, and ingenuity that has been passed on from generation to generation.
When Vic founded Hollar Seeds, he instilled a code that he passed on to his sons, and they eventually passed it on to the third generation:
- Produce good seeds, well cleaned, well packaged, and delivered timely.
- Sell seed at a competitive price that allows for continued research and development.
- Search for ways to improve our seed and service.
- Be honest with farmer growers in contracting, milling and paying. Get the best growers we can.
- Give our customers what they need and what they want. Help them make a profit.
- Be demanding of the people we hire. Find good ones and stay with them.
- Be aware that change will come and it is necessary.
Today Hollar Seeds continues to progress into a leading developer of professional grade varieties while maintaining Vic’s code of excellence.